Based in Spain, Orbea is the manufacturer of some of the best electric mountain bikes in the world. They like to stress kinematics, and rider experience through customization, and they also developed what is probably the best lightweight eMTB in the world right now.
Does the Wild Series Hold Up?
Things are getting wild at Fly Rides as we check out a full powered option from one of my favorite lightweight mountain bike manufacturers right now--Orbea. The bike in question is the Orbea Wild FS H10, and the question is does the Wild series hold up to the excellent Rise series. Let's check it out.
- The "H" in Wild FS H10 denotes an alloy frame. Specifically Orbea’s hydroformed alloy frame.
- This bike is powered by the Bosch Performance CX motor. This is going to be a motor with 85 newton meters of torque, and it partners with a 625 watt hour powertube battery.
- You also get a Shimano XT derailleur. This one's going to be 12 speeds on a 10 to 51 tooth cassette.
- The groupset's going to be rounded out with Shimano M420 hydraulic disc brakes. Those four piston hydraulic disc brakes are going to be on 203 millimeter rotors front and rear.
- The bike definitely falls into the e-enduro category with 160 millimeters of travel, a 65.5 degree head tube angle, and a 76 degree seat tube angle.
- Since it is an e-enduro bike, you get solid suspension from a Fox 38 Float Performance fork with a grip damper and a Fox Float DPS rear shock.
- Orbea is offering you Maxxis Minions tires. In the front it's going to be a DHF, and in the back it's going to be a DHR2.
What Makes the Orbea Wild FS H10 Unique?
The 2022 Orbea Wild FS H10 a full power, enduro, all-mountain build from Orbea. Orbea is know for light-weight eMTBs like the Rise series, but the Wild is still packed with features unique to Orbea.
- Orbea really designs their bikes from the ground up and that means unique frame kinematics and advanced dynamics.
- The Orbea Wild features a shorter crank arm - 160 mil compared to the 170 or 165 you might be used to riding. That 160 mil crank arm allows you to turn over a better cadence, stay on top of the pedals while also not pedal striking when you're pedaling over rough terrain.
- Because the head tube isn’t so rake out like some enduro options, this bike is still playful on single track.
Our Final Thoughts
The Orbea Wild FS H10 is a really solid choice for riders who want to do a little bit of everything.
- That 160 millimeters of travel means that you can do some significant jumps and even edge into downhill. And those 29er wheels on 2.6 inch wide tires mean you can run over almost any obstacle. It is an all-mountain option that should be good for a wide range of intermediate to advanced riders.
- That geometry and things like the advanced dynamics make the bike playful enough that you can use it in single track or bike park situations.
- Plus, you can add another 500 watt battery for a total 1125 watt hours if you want to get out into the back country. With that many watt hours you can truly be out riding all day.
- Overall the Orbea Wild FS H10 provides riders with that lightweight feeling you get on a Rise but on a full powered emtb motor.
- This bike can help you take some big hits, climb some massive hills, and it can also get you out riding all day.
Why Fly Rides?
Fly Rides makes buying your ebike easy. We provide expert guidance, excellent post-purchase support, and competitive pricing.
- We are passionate riders and only sell what we’ve tested ourselves.
- We work hard to make sure you spend more time riding and less time in the shop, but when you do need our support, we’re there for you because you’re part of the Fly Ride family.
- We offer financing programs via Affirm allowing you to pay over time. Detailshere.