Fly Rides Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Fly Rides Family!
We’re pumped that you're considering Fly Rides as your shop of choice to work with. Since it’s not always possible to pick up your new steed at one of our shops in southern California, we’re happy we can ship you a little piece of Cali to your home state. We take great pride in offering the best service you can get with an online purchase.
Shipping ETA’s: Fly Rides wants you to get your bike as soon as humanly possible!! We give you our best estimate of shipping times, based on experience. Unfortunately delays do occur due to shipping provider issues and other events. We will update you if there is a delay in getting the bike from our warehouse, and will send tracking info the same day we send the bike.
Approx. shipping windows:
- Bikes from local warehouses will ship from Fly Rides within 5-8 business days.
- Bikes shipping from non-local warehouses will ship within 8-12 business days.
- Bikes received or already in inventory generally ship within 2 business days.
- Please be aware that if you have ordered additional accessories or customized your bike, the shipping window will most likely be extended.
- Once bikes are shipped, tracking info will be sent to you.
Receiving your bike: It is important that when you receive your bike you inspect the box before accepting it from the shipper. If you notice significant damage (box is crushed or has large holes in it), deny the shipment and fill out the required forms with the shipping provider. Please notify us by filling out a Support Request Form if this is the case and once we receive and inspect the damaged bike, we will issue a replacement if available or a full refund if this product is no longer available.
International Customers: Fly Rides can only support warranties within the USA. If you purchase a bike and then take it outside of the country, we are happy to answer questions, but unfortunately we are not able to ship parts internationally.
Returns: Returns are accepted if the following conditions are met:
- Fly Rides must be notified and returns must be shipped back within 7 days of receipt. Customer must pay return shipping, with insurance, and tracking info must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merchandise must be in the original packaging with all components and manuals included. Product that is returned incomplete or damaged will incur a deduction from the refund amount. This deduction is final.
- Returns of accessories are accepted if the item is in new condition and has all the original packaging. Returned accessories will be refunded less a restocking fee equal to 30% of the retail price.
- Special order/not regularly stocked accessories are non-refundable.
- All labor is non-refundable.
Refunds will be processed after our warehouse receives and inspects the returned shipment. You will be refunded the purchase price of the item, less a $300 restocking fee.
Note: Prices are subject to change based on supply and demand. Fly Rides does not honor future prices for past transactions.
Ensuring Proper build and full warranty coverage:
Fly Rides only sells the best ebikes, which means your bike is coming with some serious tech! We want to make sure this tech gets properly set up and your bike is safe to ride, as well as ensure you receive your full warranty.
Your full warranty will be activated by choosing the first option, and when you submit your receipt within 30 days, we'll issue a $50 rebate on your purchase. If you are ordering a Riese & Muller bike, you can opt for option #2.
Activate your Full Warranty by having a qualified bicycle technician build or inspect your bike for correct setup.Here are some good ways to accomplish this:
- Your local bike shop builds the bike.
- A mobile bike tech comes to your home and builds the bike.
- You build the bike and have a local tech (in shop or mobile) check it over for safety and correct setup.
- Have the bike tech fill out our Quality Assurance checklist, and submit it along with your receipt within 30 days of receiving your bike. We'll issue your $50 Rebate after your submission.
- Riese & Muller brand electric bikes only: R&M bikes are shipped ready-to-ride* with a few things to be done when unboxing. Fly Rides provides tools and instructions on how to install the pedals, align the handlebars, and tighten the headset. Your Full Warranty is active in this case.
- If you prefer to build your bike on your own, you will still have a warranty on the frame, motor, and battery, but your warranty will be limited to the frame, motor, controller, and battery and you will waive the moving parts warranty. For instance, if your derailleur limit screws are not set correctly and your chain jumps off and causes damage, that would not be under warranty. This option is not recommended unless you are an experienced bike tech and feel confident that you can recognize any possible issues while building the bike.
If you do have a problem with your bike that you want to be warrantied, we will require a receipt from the mobile tech or shop that signed off on the bike being built correctly. The receipt must be within 30 days of receiving bike.
Once your order is placed, we'll reach out to confirm the option you'd prefer in getting your bike set up.
Maintenance and repair:
As with all bicycles, your new bike will need to be kept clean and lubricated, and will need occasional repair and maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Chain lubrication
- Shifting adjustments
- Tire pressure needing to be aired up
- Flat tire repair
- Bolts tightened
- Brake bleeds / adjustments and pad replacements
- If equipped, shock pressure adjusted and shock maintenance
Due to the nature of bicycles and how they are ridden, bolts holding the parts together can loosen over time and need to be tightened, and drivetrain parts like chains and cassettes wear out with use. Additional accessories like racks and child seats should be checked for tightness before every use.
Specifically with electric bikes, the batteries must also be maintained. Li-ion batteries should not get too cold or too hot- think of them as a puppy and don't leave them sitting in a hot car or freezing garage! Also, the battery charge cannot get too low- they have a battery management system inside to regulate the cells, and this causes a very small drain on the battery. This means that if you leave your battery sitting without charging it for 2 months or more, the charge could drop so low as to void the warranty on the battery. We recommend getting a power strip and timer if you plan to go on a long trip away from your bike.