REVIEW OF THE MONDRAKER CRAFTY SE
The “mid term” arrival from Mondraker is announced as a special edition “SE” to help customers get on a quality build while waiting for the anticipated Bosch Smart System. This allows customers who are sick of waiting on new emtbs and don’t have a need for a 750wh battery to get on a bike now instead of being on the ever-dreaded bike shop wait list.
- This bike comes spec’d better than almost anything in its price range and still offers Mondraker’s unique and confidence inspiring geometry.
- The Crafty SE has the same motor power of its upcoming counterparts (85nm of torque) and all the same geometry uniqueness of all Mondraker models.
- The motor is a Bosch Performance Line CX Cruise (20mph) GEN4, with Bosch Powrtube 625Wh battery.
SRAM GX Eagle Derailleur
Why is the derailleur such an important part of the bike? In all cases, you want a reliable system that can handle dry and wet conditions.
- The SRAM GX Eagle derailleur is designed for crips shifting, even under load.
- Also designed to shed mud so you can confidently change gears after long descents.
- With a 500% gear range on the Crafty SE, you can climb just about any mountain with ease.
Fox 38 Fork
The Fox 38 fork is a staple in enduro mtb.
- The equipped Performance fork is stiffer than the 36 fork, ebike tuned, comes with a boost 15x110mm axle, and a Fit Grip EVOL damper.
- You can confidently barrel down chunky terrain and adjust the damper performance on the fly between firm and fully open settings.
Fox Float-X LV Suspension
The Fox rear air suspension equipped on the Crafty SE performs exceptionally well under chattery rocks and is able to pivot to smooth out harsh landings and g-outs without having to adjust rebound or damper settings.
- Although you have the option to adjust damper and rebound settings, once you set up your sag and settings, you may never need to change them.
- How? Well, that’s where Mondraker’s Zero-Suspension technology comes in.
Mondraker Zero Technology
The Zero Suspension Technology equipped on all Mondraker ebikes helps you keep the rubber side down to the ground.
- With the suspension spring (Fox Float X LV) nestled between two pivot links, the rear suspension becomes ultra sensitive to small bumps, and it also tackles big hits as the suspension compresses from the top and bottom.
- Zero-Suspension also offers high pedaling efficiency by reducing pedal bob. The Crafty SE is one efficient climber and performs well under any downhill scenario.
- The frame features Crafty 6061 Alloy Stealth Evo, e-Bike Optimized Zero Suspension System, 150mm travel, Forward Geometry, internal removable battery with integrated alloy cover, Boost 12x148mm rear axle, tapered head tube, one-piece Monoblock upper link, HHG internal cable routing, MAX capacity sealed bearings, oversize 17mm axles, integrated dropout speed sensor, exclusive plastic motor covers.
Forward Geometry Technology
With a longer front-center, the Crafty SE is more stable under faster descents without compromising agility.
- Simply put, the front part of the bike is longer than the rear, which helps keep the front wheel planted to the ground when climbing, avoiding unwanted wheelies.
- It also provides improved weight balance, which provides more stability in technical and unstable terrain.
Fly Rides makes buying your ebike easy. We provide expert guidance, excellent post-purchase support, and competitive pricing.
- We are passionate riders and only sell what we’ve tested ourselves.
- We work hard to make sure you spend more time riding and less time in the shop, but when you do need our support, we’re there for you because you’re part of the Fly Ride family.
- For a limited time, we’re currently offering a $400 rebate on the Mondraker Crafty SE. See product page for details here.
- We offer financing programs via Affirm allowing you to pay over time. Details here.
Good Rides, Good Vibes, Everyday at Fly Rides