Review of the Bosch Smart System
One of 2022's most exciting pieces of electric bike news is the release of the Bosch Smart System. This fully-integrated electric bike system comes with both hardware and software releases that Bosch is sure will wow riders. A new 750 watt hour battery, redesigned Kiox 300 display, and updates to the motor and system are now delivered straight to your fun. Does the system live up to the hype? Find out all our thoughts in this video.
Bosch’s goal is to create a smarter form of transportation through ebike mobility behavior which is sustainable and healthy.
- For over 10 years Bosch has been the industry leader in ebike motor and tech solutions and the fully connected Smart System is what is next.
- Bosch's award winning batteries, efficient chargers, vivid displays ensure personalized experience along with quality assurance and fantastic warranty guarantees. They call it their “model for success.”
We started this ride with full bars. At 2350 feet into climbing, and I will have no shame in telling you I did that all in turbo mode, we had three blue bars and one white bar, which means we are right around 70 percent battery.
- So, 2300 feet of climbing in turbo and we only used 30%.
- I'm 6'2" about 190 pounds on a good day, so I consider that to be pretty awesome.
- Getting great range, great battery life. Of course getting that extra 125 watt hours out of the battery over the 625 and it's noticeable.
For my money, I think the Bosch Smart System is well worth it. The biggest reason is the fact that you can do those bluetooth updates. That's something that Bosch has never offered in years past, and I think it resulted in a lot of people missing out on updates because they weren't willing to come into the shop for them.
And of course riders have even more customizations to choose from because you can change your speed, your level of assistance, and how much torque you're getting within the app. The way Bosch talks about the smart system, it does seem like they are dedicated to continuing to give power over to the rider in the flexibility within their systems, which is great to see. Bosch should be applauded for opening up an already great system and making it even better thanks to these customizable features.
Check out the bikes currently in stock featuring the Bosch Smart System:
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC ActionTeam 750
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SLT
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC SL
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC TM
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 750
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 150 HPC SL 750
- Mondraker Crafty R
- Mondraker Crafty RR
- Mondraker Level R
- Mondraker Crafty Carbon RR SL
- Riese & Muller Multicharger Mixte GT Vario